CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burlap Wreath

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day today’s project is a super cheap, fast, simple, and cute wreath!

vday burlap heart (1)

Picnik collagewreath1

1. I bought burlap at Hobby Lobby. One yard is plenty and it is $2.99/yard. Use the 40% coupon from Sunday’s paper or print it off online and you have your burlap for $1.79!! Originally I cut it into 4 inch strips. I ended up cutting those in half. So go with 2 inch wide strips.

2. Unravel a little of each side of the strips.

3. Shape your coat hanger into a heart.

4. Put the burlap strips on the wire, accordion style. The coat hanger pokes right through it!

5. Keep putting on strips until it is thick enough that the coat hanger doesn’t show through.

6. Then fold over the pieces of hanger at the top so they are hooked together.

You are done! That easy! Total project cost, $1.79! Can’t beat that! It took me about 30 minutes, most of which was cutting out the strips. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to put this beautiful wreath!!

6 comments:

  1. how pretty, I love the rustic romantic vibe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wreath is so pretty! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that. I will have to remember and do that next year. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial!!!! Adding to my piterest dyi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, my girls will love this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I can't wait to make one. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete