CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Nester Knock-Off

I know  this is not nearly even kind of as good as the Nester’s but I had fun making it!!!  I love how it turned out!  I bought her book (only $10), The Ultimate Tassel Guide, on how to make the tassels and it was totally worth it!  The topper is a Christmas ornament.

DSC_2139

Here is another one I did.  I used scrap fabric and tore it into strips.   The topper is a finial off an extra set of curtain rods.

DSC_8240

The tractor was a Christmas ornament and it hangs in my 2 year old son’s room!

DSC_8162

This ornament was gold and I spray painted it black!

DSC_2299

This one was brown and I painted it black too. 

 DSC_2282

19 comments:

  1. Love 'em! My hubby would like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them -- especially the tractor!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tassels turned out really well! I love the torn fabric one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tractor! so incredibly cute! Your tassels are all lovely :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tassels,,but havent been brave enough to try it yet,, yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the tassels my dear! I have yet to post any of mine. I am in need of a new camera...so in need. My pictures suffer from my 5 year old sony. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the one where you tore the strips. I had been thinking to something similar, so think I am going to try it. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite is the one with the finial on top. So pretty!!! :) Visiting from Kimba's party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i bought the tassel book, too! yours look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, my two year old would flip out at the cute John Deere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made great tassels! I was thinking about getting her book too. I have some of her other ebooks. I read today that someone else uses salt and pepper shakers for the ornaments. Keep up the good work.

    Talk to you soon ;)
    Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially like the scrap fabric one. Very cute!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love them!! My favorite is the white & green one, with the finial from the leftover curtain rod.

    ♥!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh ya, stopping over from Kimba's. :)

    Here are the links to my posts from the party. Hope you'll stop by!

    http://amberfilkins.blogspot.com/2010/02/creative-scrapbook-storage.html

    http://amberfilkins.blogspot.com/2010/02/organize-me.html

    ReplyDelete