CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 9, 2010

Wall Mural on Sheet Vinyl

My son is almost 3 and we are starting the change his room from a nursery to a big boy room. The theme will be farms and I wanted to start with a wall mural. We are renting our home so I wanted to paint it on something that will come with us when we build our home. My friend, Anja, who is an amazing artist, recommended I paint it on the back of sheet vinyl, or aka linoleum flooring. The back of it is paper so it is actually white easy top paint on. I just used my acrylic paint and had at it! Well, to tell the truth, Anja drew it. Then I just painted within the lines. She really made it beautiful when she went back and added highlights and lowlights. To hang it my husband used drywall screws and large washers along the top. Shhhh, don’t tell our landlord, we promise to fill in the holes before we move out. You have to make sure the screws are going into studs because the mural is quite heavy! Last, we (my husband) put trim molding around the edge to make it look framed! Check it out!! I LOVE IT and so does Nicholas!






Isn’t it just incredible?!?!?!?

Don't forget that I have my blog in a new place!  I am double posting for a little while!
Here is the new place:  /http://www.sodderbug.com/blog/


No comments:

Post a Comment