CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Top 10 of 2009

In 2010 I am going to try to do a little better with my blogging.  To start off the year I have made a list of my favorite 10 projects from 2009.  Here we go!

This is a shot at making my own stationary for birthday gifts. I had Reese draw a big birthday cake and scanned it.  Printed it on cardstock and wala…  I will not buy birthday cards anymore!  Not that I ever did! 

DSC_5754

The land lords in the house we are renting replaced the windows this year so I asked to have the old ones.  

DSC_7174 (Large)

A couple of cute canvases!

Picnik collagecanvas2 

And of course I started soldering!!!!!!!!!!! This was a custom order for someone who wanted a picture of a tree in it.  I thought it came out pretty cool!  www.sodderbug.com

DSC_0012 (Large)

I started painting glass this fall!

DSC_7391 (Large)

I made the whole alphabet and plan on doing one out of pictures taken on a farm!  My plan is to have a book printed for Nicholas to practice his letters and just for a keepsake!  I might also print out the letters of his name and have them framed to hang on his bedroom wall!

abc fire

My new embroidery font that I LOVE!!

DSC_3569

I made baby slings!

DSC02803

This is a tassel that I made out of a finial that I took off the curtain rod in my living room.  I tore strips of scrap fabric that I already had.  It cost me nothing to make!  I made several of these and sold them at a craft show for $20.  They all sold fast!!!

DSC_8195

Here is a collage of sewing projects.  Going around clockwise starting in the top left corner…

I bag I made for my mom, a couple of Johnny’s I made for Nicholas, a dress for Reese.  She picked out the pattern and the fabric!  Next one, I took a pair of too short jeans, cut them off and added a ruffle and ribbon belt.  I also painted the tractor on the shirt.  A to-shirt that I (or maybe it was Anja?!) painted a dancer on and added fabric to the bottom to make it a dress.  Added a ruffle and appliqué heart to the overalls.  A couple pairs of pants that were too short for Reese so I made them capri’s and added ribbon and buttons.  A baby sling. This next one is an original idea.  A little boy had a blankie that was totally tattered but he still liked to hold it at night.  I made this bag that has loose elastic on the top so the blanket is inside and he can put his hand inside the bag to sleep!  And 2 burp clothes!!

sewing Picnik collage 

 

Here are my Top 10 for Memorable

Events of 2009

(good and bad)

I brought in the new year at the hospital! This was so fun!  I brought all kinds of horns and noise makers for the patients.  I handed them out at 11 and you could hear them making noise for the next 2 hours! 

DSC02649

I completed the Chicago Marathon!!!!

(including the 17 weeks of training)

10-11-09_0713 
We moved from Browns Summit to Greensboro

…the only bad thing on the list! 

DSC_0265

  I started Miles for Smiles.  This was a dream 3 years in the making!

_MG_6381

O Sew Precious is no more!  I Started a new business called Sodderbug!

www.sodderbug.com   Check it out!!

charms collage no border 

Family vacation to Lake Lure

lake (25) 

I got my new camera

DSC_4062 (Large) 

We got passes to Emerald Point for the summer!

DSC_4170 

I completed my first race pushing a double jogging stroller!

n586223643_2286349_6473538 

We participated in the neighborhood 4th of July parade

DSC_2861 

DSC_2874 

We spent a day at Belews Lake with friends!

DSC_3218 copy 

A super fun, gigantic, overflowing, bubble bath with Reese!  We had so much fun making this mess and I will remember it forever!

DSC02760

2 comments:

  1. great post! you have been a busy little mommy. don't know how you do it all! i can't even seem to get my photos in an album! keep it up. your projects and talent are amazing!

    ReplyDelete